Element-Hz™ Single Cat5e/6 HDMI Extender Kit (Dongle Edition)
When you’re looking for a plug n’ play solution and need to transmit 1080p signals over a long distance, but standard HDMI cables just won’t cut it, don’t sweat it! Make life easy on yourself and try a single Category cable and an ELE8082 to help you get the job done…You won’t regret it!
What’s a dongle?
Unlike typical HDMI Extenders, this dongle plugs right into the display so no additional HDMI cables are needed.
Going the distance
The ELE8082 HDMI extender boosts audio/video transmission distance up to 80ft in HDTV 1080i format or 50ft at a full HD (1080p). When using a single low cost Cat-5/5e/6 UTP cable, users can easily extend HDTV sources from DVD players, Blue-ray Disc players, PS3, PC, and any other sources compliant with TMDS to distant display monitors including HDMI or DVI enabled TV sets or LCD PC monitors.
More than HD on a budget
This cost effective solution allows HDCP compliant DVD players or PS3 to transmit high quality video and audio at a greater distance at a minimal cost. The ELE8082 includes two units: a transmitter and a dongle unit. The transmitter is used to transfer the HDMI™ signals input and carry the signals through a single Cat-5/5e/6 cable.
How it works
The receiver is responsible for equalizing transferred HDMI multimedia data. The transmission distance between the sending and receiving units can reach 60ft using cat6 at a full (1080p). With an 8-level equalization rotary control switch on the receiving unit, users can adjust the equalization strength to the received HDMI signals accordingly, and thus optimize the transmission distance between HDMI source and display.
One of the great advantages that this HD Extender has over the rest is that its dongle feature allows you to convert your category cable to HDMI without using an additional HDMI cable or the need for power at the receiving end. You’ll love how the ELE8082 eliminates the big bulky power packs behind the television all together.
Life is just better when it’s simple
All of the fine-tuned circuitry is enclosed in our durable low profile metal cases and comes with mounting hardware preparing you for all your installation needs.
· HDMI™ compliance: HDMI™ 1.3c
· HDCP compliance: Yes
· Video bandwidth: Single-link 225MHz (6.75Gbps)
· Video support: 480i / 480p / 720p / 1080i / 1080p60 up to 36-bit color
· HDMI™ over CAT5e transmission (24-bit):
Full HD (1080p60) 15m (50ft)
HD (720p/1080i) 25m (50ft)
· Audio support: Surround sound (up to 7.1ch) or stereo digital audio
· Input TMDS signal: 1.2 Volts (peak-to-peak)
· Input DDC signal: 5 Volts (peak-to-peak, TTL)
· ESD protection:
 Human body — ±19kV (air-gap discharge) & ±12kV (contact discharge)
 Core chipset — ±8kV
· PCB stack-up: 4-layer board [impedance control — differential 100 ohm; single 50ohm]
· Input: Transmitter: 1x HDMI™ / Receiver: 1x RJ-45
· Output: Transmitter: 1x RJ-45 / Receiver: 1x HDMI™
· HDMI™ connector: Type A (19-pin female)
· RJ-45 connector: WE/SS 8P8C with 2 LED indicators
· Rotary control: Transmitter: Audio/video mode / Receiver: None
· Housing: Metal enclosure
· Housing Dimensions [L x W x H]:
Transmitter: 3.7in x 2.4in x 1in
Receiver: 1.8in x 1in x 0.9in
· Package Dimensions: 10.6in x 6.9in x 3.1in
· Product Weight: 12oz
· Gross Weight: 1.25 lbs
· Fixedness: Wall-mounting case with screws
· Power supply: Transmitter: 5V 2A DC / Receiver: None
· Power consumption: 1 Watt (max)
· Operation temperature: 32~104°F (0~40°C)
· Storage temperature: -4~140°F (-20~60°C)
· Relative humidity: 20~90% RH (no condensation)